The Benefits of ScotBUG
By joining Scotland's cycling community and registering a BUG, free of charge, on ScotBUG you will:
- get your own customisable homepage, a great place to show your organisation's commitment to cycling, your employees and your community;
- become connected with all of your cycling colleagues by posting comments on your BUG's 'wall';
- get connected with BUGs around the country enabling you to share info/events/news with them;
- gain access to free promotional materials, posters, information leaflets etc;
- have a 'downloads' section to store cycling doc's that your colleagues may need access to;
- receive email notifications for activities on you BUG;
- take a step towards the Nationally recognised Cycle Friendly Employer award;
- view location specific weather forecasts;
- receive regular updates from the Bike Station.
All you need to do is sign up, which takes about 2 minutes, then start telling your colleagues about it. We even make that easy with customisable posters available in the downloads section of you BUG.
Once your BUG is up and running why not contact us at the Bike Station to find out how you can strengthen your BUG and get more people cycling to work. Below are just some of the services we can offer:
- Dr Bike 'free bike servicing' sessions for your workplace;
- A Cycle Friendly Employer assessment;
- help promoting Bike Week and other cycling events;
- supply of puncture repair kits and tools to keep on site;
- training on bicycle maintenance;
- one-to-one on-road cycle training;
- bike buddying for novice cyclists;
- advice on installing the best cycle parking.